William T. (“Mike”) Carlson, Jr. received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Samford University in 1973, his Master of Science degree in Health Care Administration from the University of Alabama in Birmingham in 1975, and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina in 1984. Mr. Carlson graduated in the top 10% of his law school class, and was honored with appointment as Articles Editor of the South Carolina Law Review and the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Carlson's legal practice is restricted to the area of health care law, and is primarily focused on physician practices. Mr. Carlson advises clients most often on (i) transactional work for physician-hospital integrations (100+), (ii) co-management agreements (30+), (iii) contract relationships with hospitals and other institutional providers (100+), and (iv) federal health care reimbursement and regulatory issues (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, and the development and implementation of corporate compliance programs). Work outside the physician area has included such varied matters as hospital mergers to the sale of a healthcare company to a Wall Street investment firm to the formation of health care start-ups.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Carlson has written and spoken frequently on health law topics for such organizations as the American Bar Association, the American College of Cardiology, the American College of Radiology, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the American Society of Internal Medicine, the Medical Group Management Association, the Healthcare Financial Management Association, and the American Hospital Association.
- Business Organizations for physicians
- Transactional and Employment Agreements for Physicians
- Regulatory and Compliance for Health Care Organizations
- American Bar Association, Health Law Committee, Governing Committee (1988-95), Budget Chair (1989-95); Chair, Healthcare Law Committee/Young Lawyer Division (1987-89); Standing Committee on Forum Committees (1989-94); President’s Special Council on AIDS (1988-89); Section on Administrative Law, Vice Chair, Health Law Committee (1991-93)
- Alabama State Bar (Editorial Board, The Alabama Lawyer (1995-99); Health Law Committee, Chairman, Legislative Committee (1990-96), ABI-CLE Health Law Planning Committee (1988-99), Chair (1991-93); Impaired Lawyers Committee (1990-92)
- University of South Carolina (J.D., 1984); Order of the Coif; South Carolina Law Review Articles Editor, Robert F. Wagner Moot Court Team; Strom Thurmond Scholarship Award, ; Paul A. Cooper Scholarship Award
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (M.S., 1975); Hospital and Health Administration
- Samford University (B.S., 1973)
Suzette Jaskie is President of MedAxiom Consulting and the Executive Vice-President of MedAxiom. Ms. Jaskie was the CEO of West Michigan Heart and Wisconsin Heart and Vascular in Milwaukee, WI prior to her current position. She also previously served as the Executive Director of the Frederick Meijer Heart and Vascular Institute, for Spectrum Health System in Grand Rapids, MI, that governs and manages the cardiovascular service line for the regional health system. Ms. Jaskie has a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Hartford and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Wisconsin.
Ms. Jaskie is a former President of Medical Group Management Association's cardiovascular assembly (CSCA) and is currently a serving on the American College of Cardiology's Practice Management Council. Ms. Jaskie is a faculty member of the American College of Cardiology Advanced Leadership Institute and a former board member of the Cardiovascular Advocacy Alliance. She has rich experience in strategic planning and program development and has been a speaker at numerous conferences on varied topics such as Physician Compensation, Strategic Planning, Product Line and Program Development, Performance Management, Operations Efficiency, as well as Governance and Leadership.
For additional local pressure washing raleigh visit bluestreampowerwashing.
KT Cleanouts above ground swimming pool removal crew will dismantle and remove your pool in a professional and environmentally safe manner. Round, Oval, or Rectangle. Let the pros at KT Cleanouts handle your above ground pool removal project.
Visit www.hubuco.com to find out more regarding hard bounce